Privacy Notice Last Updated: 25-11-2022
IVANO Bioscience Inc. (, “IVANO”, “we”, “our”, or “us) understands that you care about your online safety and privacy.
We make every effort possible to respect your choices about the information you wish to share with us and are committed to transparency about our practices.
Our privacy program was built on the best practices of the industry and our Privacy Officer can assist you with any question you might have.
The purpose of this privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) is to explain why and how IVANO collects, uses, shares, stores, transfers and protects (collectively, “Process”) your Personal Information (as defined below).
1. About this privacy notice
This Privacy Notice applies to any individual visiting or accessing pages on IVANO’s website (the “Site”), including when filling an online order, asking for an estimate or when subscribing to our newsletter. It also applies to some of your interactions with us on our social media pages.
We are required to have access to your Personal Information (as defined below) to provide you with some of our services. Our employees manage this information with all the necessary discretion and rigour, and in compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements in force.
2. What is personal information?
At IVANO, “Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify an individual. In general, Personal Information does not include business contact information, such as your name, title, or business contact information. This definition is aligned with applicable privacy laws.
As a rule, IVANO will obtain the necessary Personal Information directly from you with your consent. By browsing and interacting through our Site you consent to the Collection and Processing of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.Rarely or in particular cases, we may decide to follow an exception provided by law instead. For example, IVANO may proceed without your consent and share your Personal Information with regulatory bodies with whom it must cooperate and who govern its activities.
With your consent or as permitted by law, we may also gather information that is generated by your mobile and/or computer devices (e.g., mobile advertising identifiers, location information and IP address) or collect your personal information for market research or database purposes. For more information, please refer to the Section “How do we provide online advertising?”. In most cases, your consent for such use may be withdrawn at any time without affecting the provision of our services.
a. You can withdraw your consent
Depending on the applicable laws, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection or to the use of your Personal Information by contacting our Privacy Officer. You should be aware, however, that this may prevent us from providing or continuing to provide you with some of our services.
Please note, however, that IVANO may aggregate and anonymize Personal Information that you have provided to create statistical data which IVANO may use to improve its services, examine trends and interests, or share with its third-party partners including research centers. Such statistical data does not include any Personal Information. You may contact IVANO as set forth in the Section “How to contact us?” to address any issue thereof.
4. What personal information do we collect?
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
During the course of our business and service delivery, meaning when you visit our Site or when you interact with us, depending on your activity, Personal Information collected may include:
- Identifiers: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, telephone number.
- Commercial Information: Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation: data Physical location (GPS coordinates).
- Professional or employment-related information: Current or past job history.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information: Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes.
- Financial information: A bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Social Network: Friends or social connections, associations.
5. Why do we collect you personal information?
For specific and limited Purposes
IVANO generally collects your Personal Information to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- Personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- Facilitate the use of our Site and Platform, ensure their relevance and track usage.
- Help maintain the safety, security, quality, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business, including to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity, and to debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our company assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by our company about our website users is among the assets transferred
- Any other purpose to which you will have consented. (Collectively, the “Purposes”).
If we ever need to use your Personal Information for a new purpose, we will provide you with information on that purpose prior to Processing.
7. Links to other sites
We may establish links to third party sites or services that we do not control. If you click on one of these links, you will be directed to sites that are beyond our sphere of influence. Please read the privacy policies of these third-party websites, applications or platforms that may collect Personal Information We are not responsible for these third-party sites, their content or access to them.
This Privacy Notice applies solely to Personal Information processed by IVANO or on its behalf.
9. How do we provide online advertising?
Depending on the preferences that you have expressed in your mobile devices, IVANO and its advertising partners may also use your mobile advertising identifier to target and measure the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns. In iOS, this identifier is called “IDFA” (ID for Advertising); in Android (Google Play), this identifier is called “AAID” (Android Advertising ID). You can access and reset your mobile advertising identifier or limit its use through the settings on your mobile devices’ operating system.
In no event will we permit advertising directed at children where we have actual knowledge that the user is under the age of 13. To learn more about our advertising practices, please contact use as set forth in the Section “How to contact us?”.
b. Do Not Track
Web browsers can transmit Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals that indicate that a user does not wish to have their activity tracked over time and across websites. Currently, no universally accepted standard exists for how to interpret such signals, although work to create consensus is ongoing. Accordingly, we do not respond to such DNT signals.
10. How long will we keep your personal information?
IVANO will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the Purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with our internal retention policies, as required for IVANO’s legitimate interests, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or regulatory requirements. After such time, any Personal Information held by IVANO will be destroyed, deleted, or made anonymous.
Strict procedures for the retention of your Personal Information are followed and we will dispose of Personal Information that is no longer required by IVANO for the identified Purposes. If you would like more information on this topic, we invite you to contact us as set forth in the Section “How to contact us?”.
11. Children's privacy
Our Site, or Platforms, is intended for persons 14 years of age or older. We do not knowingly process Personal Information of minors. If you believe that we have collected Personal Information directly from minors, or if you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your minor child has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us as described in the Section “How to contact us ?”.
12. How do we protect your personal information?
IVANO applies strict and necessary security measures to protect your Personal Information. The standard security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. However, IVANO uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulations to protect your Personal Information. Such appropriate physical, technical and/or administrative safeguards and security measures have been implemented and are maintained to prevent:
- Any accidental or unlawful destruction;
- Any accidental loss;
- Any unauthorized disclosure;
- Unauthorized modification;
- Unauthorized access;
- Unlawful processing.
Our employees are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of Personal Information, they are careful to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to any Personal Information., We make sure that we restrict access to our offices and computer equipment and require our agents and suppliers of goods and services with access to Personal Information to sign confidentiality agreements and implement security measures deemed equivalent to our own standards.
It should be noted, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, nor any means of electronic storage, is completely secure. Thus, we encourage you to be cautious when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. If you believe that your Personal Information has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the Section “How to contact us?”.
13. Where is your personal information stored and transferred?
Your Personal Information may be held by IVANO in locations other than your province, territory, state, or country of residence, including in Canada (including in the provinces of Quebec), and the United States. IVANO may also subcontract processing to or share your Personal Information with third parties located elsewhere, including locations other than your province, territory, state, or country of residence. In such case, IVANO will ensure that your Personal Information is transferred to countries that have received an adequacy decision from the competent authority, or that your Personal Information is adequately protected by appropriate technical, organizational, contractual, or other lawful means. If you would like to obtain more information on these security measures, please contact IVANO as set forth in the Section “How to contact us?”.
14. What are your rights?
Depending on applicable laws, you have the right to obtain access to, rectify or erase of your Personal Information from our databases, the right to withdraw your consent (if any), the right to be informed of a decision based exclusively on an automated processing automated decision, the right not to be discriminated against, or the right to data portability by, namely, receiving a copy of all Personal Information that IVANO has about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit your request by writing to the Privacy Officer as set forth in the Section “How to contact us?”. Depending on the right being exercised, we will inform you of the procedure to follow, the processing time (delay of response), and the information needed.
15. Personal information management program
In order to protect your Personal Information, we have put in place policies, practices and procedures relating to the management of the Personal Information we hold.
These internal policies and procedures govern the collection, use, disclosure, retention and destruction of Personal Information, as well as complaint handling, information security and data governance. These policies and practices also provide the framework for the implementation of Privacy Impact Assessments, as well as the prevention of and response to potential privacy incidents. All of these policies and practices have been approved by our Data Protection Officer.
The collection of your Personal Information through our application complies with the requirements of this program.
16. Privacy officer
IVANO’s senior management has delegated the management of the privacy program to the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer is responsible for the internal management and oversight of IVANO’s privacy program.
The Privacy Officer is responsible for approving and implementing privacy policies and procedures, ensuring that they are functioning properly, and reporting to IVANO’s senior management on the effectiveness of the program.
It is also the responsibility of the Privacy Officer to provide you with the necessary support in the event of a question, complaint or request relating to the protection of personal information.
17. How to contact us?
You may contact our Privacy Officer about our privacy practices or if you need assistance with exercising or understanding your privacy choices.
If you want to complain about the exercise of your rights under this Privacy Notice, your file will be handled by our Privacy Officer, who will inform you of the procedures to follow. Each complaint will be investigated. If the complaint is justified, the specific situation will be corrected, and you will be informed.
IVANO is committed to responding promptly and accurately to all your questions and concerns.
For inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may write to:
Attn: IVANO Privacy Officer
23-737 avenue du chateau, Quebec, QC, G1X 3P4, CANADA
18. Changes to this privacy notice
IVANO frequently revises this Privacy Notice to keep it up to date with applicable legislation and its operations. If material changes are made to the Privacy Notice, then update notices (such as online notices or emails) may be used to alert you of such changes. Otherwise, the posting of the revised Privacy Notice on the Site shall be considered sufficient notice to you. Please carefully look at the date of the last review of the Privacy Notice at the top of this page.
By continuing to use the Site or our Platforms or by submitting Personal Information to us, you are consenting to any changes to our Privacy Notice.